Saltburn Arts Theatre and Community Hall was originally designed as a Primitive Methodist Church and School in 1904 by prominent Scottish architect George Baines who won an architectural competition with the design in 1905. The church, in the Regency Circus area of Saltburn-by-the-Sea, was opened in 1910. The buildings comprise an ‘Arts & Crafts Gothic Revival’ style church building and connected church hall, designed for school use. The buildings ceased their church use in 1965, and were converted to community use as an arts theatre and community hall. In 1998 the Arts Theatre and Community Hall were listed (Grade II) after a strong local campaign to preserve the buildings in their current use.