On the west side of the high-street in the market place, was an house belonging to the ancestors of Rowland Burdon, Esq. of Castle Eden. In consequence of the two Frosterly marble pillars, which supported a projecting balcony, it was long known by the name of the Blue Posts. The original date of the house, according to Mr. Burdon’s papers was A.D. 1485.
History of Stockton-upon-Tees
John Brewster MA